The Mine Safety and Health Conference is pleased to announce that the conference will be
accepting applications for the 2017 Mine Safety and Health Awards in the following categories:
1. Manager of the Year Award– The award is open to Plant/Mine Manager’s who have displayed outstanding safety practices in their operations.
2. Safety Horizon Award– The award is open to professionals with 10 years or less in the safety field who are outstanding safety professionals among their peers.
3. The Distinguished Safety Professional– The award is open to those who have given 10 years or more in the safety field and who have contributed to creating, enhancing and improving the safety culture overall.
4. The Lifesaver Award– This award is for a person or group of persons who performed a life saving action of person or persons in distress or whose actions were of honorable merit.
Safety is a team effort and all operations are encouraged to nominate person’s they feel are
eligible for the award. There are 3 easy steps you will need to take to nominate an individual in
one of the categories listed above. You are encouraged to incorporate diagrams, photos, incident
and injury rates, other recognition, professional recommendation letters and / or other awards.
The judging panel will consider the following when reviewing applications:
- Commitment and dedication to the safety culture.
- Communicating Safety and encouraging personnel.
- Impact of Safety beyond the work environment.
- Creativity in safety, training, best management practices, workplace practices / innovations.
- Safety Leadership
3 EASY Steps – Submittal’s Shall Include the following:
1. Application Cover Letter- Must be signed and submitted by the Company Principal (Please Provide)
2. Safety Application (Included)
3. Completed Essay (Please Provide)
Selected judges from the Mine Safety and Health Conference will review awards applications, and the company names will remain anonymous until a selection has been decided. The award panel will ensure that no judge reviews a nomination from his or her own company during the selection process.
Winners will be notified by the Awards Committee no later than October 1, 2017. The awards will be presented at the 13th Annual Mine Safety and Health Conference in Reno, Nevada at the Grand Sierra Resort October 24–25, 2017.
Email Completed Award Application to: email@example.com
Please submit completed applications by September 1, 2017.
Company Submitter will be notified by October 1, 2017.